Welcome to our blog! Please use the menu below.
blushingcats@hotmail.com

Follow Blushing Cats!


Home About Us Fashion Runway Makeup&Beauty Reviews Tutorials News People Hot&Not Personal&Others Ângela's posts Marta's posts



Classic French Manicure
April 26, 2011

French manicure! What can I say about it? It's so classy and elegant, but still very natural! Amazing for a normal casual day or even for a formal party - it will look great with every color and every outfit, I promise. Even though it looks simple on the nails, it can be quite challenging to achieve the perfect french manicure. But don't worry, I'm here to help, just prepare your products and nail polishes and let's get started.

1. This step is optional, so skip it if you want to, but I recommend to start off by using a nail cream. This will make your nails and cuticles stronger and healthier. After that, you can also add a base coat because it will «prepare» your nails for the nail polish that is coming next and make it last longer without chipping.
In my case, I'm using Dikla Swiss Professional Manicure nail cream.

2. As usual, remove any old nail polish you might have and cut your nails and cuticles if necessary. Use a nail file and make sure they're ready.

3. Now take a white nail polish. Don't forget to use a opaque one (not a cheer one!) to obtain the effect we want. I'm using the one from a french manicure set that I got, but you don't have to - any opaque white polish will work fine.


4. Apply it on the upper part of the nail. It's as simple as that; don't worry if it looks messy, we will fix that!

5. Now you'll need a brush like this. It doesn't have to be exactly a nail brush - it works with a painting brush or even a makeup one. Just take one that you no longer use like I did.
I think it might work with a cotton swab as well (but I'm not sure..).

6. Dip the brush into your nail polish remover. The bottle that I have is big so my brush fits there, but if yours it too small then put a little bit of nail polish remover on a small container and dip your brush there.

7. Simply remove the excess of the white nail polish you applied earlier. Take your time and gently remove it until you have a fine line in the top of your nails, like so ^ . Remember that the line should be slightly curved downwards. It's not difficult, the brush makes it very easy.

8. Let your nails dry! You don't want to smudge what you've done. After that, apply a pink/nude nail polish, a very sheer (almost transparent) one. Once again, I'm using the one from the french manicure set.
This will complement the white very well, adding a natural glow.

9. There you go! I hope you liked this and definitely GIVE IT A TRY.

Here is a classic french manicure that is easy to do... and you can't go wrong with this.

For this tutorial I was inspired by a youtube video that I saw. All the photos and explanations are mine.
xoxo

Labels: ,




Older Posts & Newer Posts