Welcome to our blog! Please use the menu below.
blushingcats@hotmail.com

Follow Blushing Cats!


Home About Us Fashion Runway Makeup&Beauty Reviews Tutorials News People Hot&Not Personal&Others Ângela's posts Marta's posts



The best of RESORT collections (2011)
June 17, 2011

Designers / fashion houses / brands show their collections several times every year, in different moments. There's Ready To Wear, for Spring/Summer and for Fall/Winter (which is what we call the Fashion Weeks), there's Haute Couture, in Paris, and finally there's Pre-Fall and Resort. Resort is specific of this time of the year, and in order to inspire you for summer, I selected some of my favorite lookbooks...

Michael Kors
OMG I'm crazy about this look. Very simple but brilliant: the oversized jumper that works as a dress (I love everything that is oversized) + the tough and masculine sandals.

Anna Sui
Another very very favorite. The printed bag is lovely and so is the flowy skirt + the oxfords paired with the socks.


Celine
Classy! The colors are gorgeous for summer + the cut is very straight and sleek. And I love the accessories, specially the belt that emphasizes the waist.


Derek Lam
Had to include this one because I'm still looking for a good maxi dress for myself. This one is nice, kind of grungy meets vintage.


Kenzo
Usually I'm not a big fan of pink (and if it's hot pink then it's even worse) or squares, but I might open an exception for this one!


Mulberry
Feminine and lady-ish (the shoes + the high waisted skirt) but very urban and modern at the same time (the bag and, of course, the leather jacket) - works for me.


Richard Chai
The typical denim dress with a twist: the sexy cutouts on the shoulders look great, + the big pockets + the cute collar.


3.1. Phillip Lim
I really like unexpected outfits like this one! The gold, the baggy pants, the boots and the cropped top + blazer are definitely a weird but original combination.


Alexander Wang
A. Wang always has the most unique yet fresh pieces for young people. Look at this see-through tight dress... so daring.


Balenciaga
This is another beautiful look, with the playful prints + the hot heels and, obviously, that cute little skirt. The asymmetric shape makes it unique. 


Miu Miu
Prada's «little sister» is getting better and better (in my opinion ofc). The shoes are stunning, but I'm truly blown away with those shorts...


Chloe
You don't see a lot of metalics (I guess summer is more about solid colors?), but it doesn't have to be necessarily that way, and this outfit proves it.


Rag&Bone
This is quickly becoming one of my fav brands, their clothes are so young and stylish. This is the type of dress I dream of, sexy but NOT very girly.


Lanvin
I want to end this with a Lanvin look, that for me totally portraits the true summer boho style. Love the neutral pants + the jacket + the little feather detailing in the shoes.

Labels: ,




Older Posts & Newer Posts