Welcome to our blog! Please use the menu below.
blushingcats@hotmail.com

Follow Blushing Cats!


Home About Us Fashion Runway Makeup&Beauty Reviews Tutorials News People Hot&Not Personal&Others Ângela's posts Marta's posts



The models of the moment! (first face countdown fall/winter 11/12)
May 8, 2011



This is it! The moment that a lot of people (including me!) have been waiting for has come! After the four major fashion weeks at the beginning of this year, FashionTV brings us now the first face countdown of this season. Don't know what the heck I'm talking about? Just watch that video below and find out!


So yeah, basically FashionTV selects the it girls after each season, the ones that opened/closed more shows, the ones that were «everywhere», and elaborates 5 different countdowns: the main one (the winners) and one for each fashion capital (NY, London, Milan and Paris).
It's always very exciting to see them! To see who remains on top, to see the new faces, who's there, who's not. It's also very interesting to compare it with older countdowns, for example the ones from 2005, 2006, 2007... the faces of the industry are always changing!
Okay, let's see this season's winners!


10- Aymeline Valade
9- Monika "Jac" Jagaciak
8- Zuzanna Bijoch
7- Ruby Aldridge
6- Karlie Kloss
5- Alana Zimmer
4- Caroline Brasch Nielsen
3- Karmen Pedaru
2- Daphne Groeneveld
1- Arizona Muse

My first reaction when I saw this for the first time was: WHAT? Where's Frida and Abbey?! Where are the runway queens such as Sasha Pivovarova, Snejana Onopka, Magdalena Frackowiak, Sigrid Agren?... Freja, Ginta, Anna S., Kasia? Gaaah. Except for some girls, I don't really know what to think about this ranking... Anyways, here are my opinions:

Aymeline Valade
Age: 25
Height: 1.77
Measurement: 85-60-88
Agency: Women


I've never seen Aymeline V. before tbh. But I'm starting to love her face - her features are definitely strong and a little masculine but somehow sexy. Odd combination! Her bright blue eyes make her face even more interesting in my opinion, and I like the fact she's 25 (that's rare, the industry is becoming more and more obsessed with girls that are like 15/16 years old). I would like to see more of her!

Monika "Jac" Jagaciak (favorite!)
Age: 17
Height: 1.78
Measurement: 80-57-86
Agency: IMG


She was the first face winner two seasons ago and that's when I started paying attention to her. I LOVE HER SO FREAKING MUCH. When she's off duty she's like this really cute girl with weird teeth (i love her teeth by the way) but then when she's walking down the runway she can transform herself into that flawless fierce biatch, which is amazing. Jac was born in 1994 and has no doubts one of the best walks. And she wants to finish school!


Zuzanna Bijoch
Age: 17
Height: 1.75
Measurement: 81-61-88
Agency: ?


Ok. I have to confess: when I first saw her she didn't appeal to me at all... Now that I did some research on her and stuff I'm kinda liking her a bit more... but still. She definitely has an unique face, but unlike Lindsey Wixson or Hanne Gaby Odiele (who have really special faces as well) she doesn't wow me. I can see how she fits some shows (like the Sonia Rykiel one at 2:04) but... not a first face to me. And gosh, I thought she was much much older.

Ruby Aldridge
Age: 20
Height: 1.78
Measurement: 81-62-87
Agency: Next


I like Ruby. She's so fresh and interesting. Not only because of her look but also because of her personality: there's something grunge about her! And OMG, she has the best style! My mouth drops every time I see her outfits: love the way she mixes different styles to create her very own. She might not be the typical model (not at all) but she's a rising star.

Karlie Kloss (favorite!)
Age: 18
Height: 1.83
Measurement: 81-58-84
Agency: Next

Karlie Karlie Karlie! Vogue Paris declared her as one of the top 30 models of the 2000s, Models.com ranked her 6th in their 'Top 50 Models' ranking... this american beauty is THE top model. She was the first model I ever liked! I really admire her - she works hard and you can see how much passion she has for what what she does. I adore her bubbly personality, all her editorials and, of course, her walk (she used to be a ballerina... enough said right?). 

Alana Zimmer
Age: 23
Height: 1.80
Measurement: 79-58-86
Agency: Elite


LOL @ Hanne Gaby appearing in the middle of her interview... "I have a monkey behind me". Hahaha. Love her. Ok, now about Alana. She's gorgeous and her look is so classic and timeless that she obviously fits a lot of different shows and brands. I don't really have much more to say: I've always liked her but I don't think she'll ever be a favorite.

Caroline Brasch Nielsen (favorite!)
Age: 17
Height: 1.79
Measurement: 78-58-84
Agency: Elite


Honestly, I don't know why, but from all the girls Caroline is the one I feel I can relate the most. She seems very natural, like she doesn't make any effort, she looks like a girl I could easy find on the street. I don't mean she's common, because she definitely isn't... she's just easy to relate to, I think. She's pretty in a non-obvious way and I love the way she talks!

Karmen Pedaru
Age: 21
Height: 1.78
Measurement: 84-60-90
Agency: Elite


Another absolutely stunning brunette. Karmen is not between my favorite models (for no specific reason, I guess she's just not my type, whatever that means) but she has so many fans, a lot of people love her. Just like Alana, she has a very classic beauty and looks great everywhere, and I particularly like when she smiles!

Daphne Groeneveld (favorite!)
Age: 17
Height: 1.79
Measurement: 80-60-89
Agency: Women


I like to call Daphne MY LOVELY BABY (even though I'm [slightly] younger than her). I'm so happy to see her in second place!! About one year ago I saw her featured on Models.com as a 'new face' or something like that and she REALLY caught my attention, she looked so tiny (in a good way) and lovely with her super long blond hair, huge lips and quirky smile. She's still very young, but everyone in fashion is already crazy about her.


Arizone Muse
Age: 20
Height: 1.78
Measurement: 81-61-86
Agency: Next



The winner! A lot of people have been hating on this girl actually. I may not love her, but I know she truly deserves to be the first face, she was everywhere this season, it was crazy! I don't like her walk and attitude on the runway and I don't think she's very special in terms of her look, but I love her personality-wise. She seems very sweet and down to earth, and guess what? SHE'S A SINGLE MOTHER. She has a son, how awesome is that?!
Congratulations, Arizona!
(ps- she has the coolest name ever)



Who is your favorite?

Labels: ,




Older Posts & Newer Posts