Welcome to our blog! Please use the menu below.
blushingcats@hotmail.com

Follow Blushing Cats!


Home About Us Fashion Runway Makeup&Beauty Reviews Tutorials News People Hot&Not Personal&Others Ângela's posts Marta's posts



Our Fashion Story - Marta
May 1, 2011

Hi! I'm Marta, co-writer of blushingcats and I would like to tell you a bit more about me :)


Fashion has been a part of my life since I remember... My mum used to model back in the days (she did nothing big, just some small catalogs and local fashion shows and stuff) and I remember hearing her rambling about clothes and watching FashionTV and I just couldn't understand why. When I was young, fashion didn't seem interesting or appealing to me AT ALL! It actually bored me.

Fortunately I ended up changing - it all happened last year, early 2010. I started paying attention to the fashion world and slowing getting into it. Once I started I found myself absolutely dazzled and fascinated and wanting to know, learn and discover more and more!

Fashion is indeed a form of art, a way to express yourself! If you truly love fashion, I believe you have to have the knowledge, you have to study designers, models, editors, photographers, magazines. How can someone said he/she loves fashion when he/she doesn't even know who Karl Lagerfeld is? You have to feel it, to love it, to breath it ♥

I'm not exaggerating when I say that fashion changed my life. Everyone who knows me knows that I was very very shy and insecure when younger, I had many body image and self esteem issues. But fashion really has the power to change you; it gave me more strength and, mainly, self confidence. I started to accept myself the way I am, something that I had NEVER NEVER done before.
We aren't perfect, but guess what, no one is! If somebody else doesn't like how you look, they can close their eyes or go away - it's their loss anyways. You are the way you are. Remember no one in this world has the right to make you feel inferior without your consent. I'm telling you this with all my heart.
Getting into fashion made me start to see myself and the world with other eyes.

There are no doubts that fashion is already a very intense part of my everyday life, but I'm still so young... You know, I want to keep learning and absorbing new things. I don't know everything and I don't have the most amazing sense of style or anything like that. Yet. I will leave my mark in the fashion industry one day.
For now, I'm just Marta, I'm fifteen years young (I rather say young instead of old), I love literature, to dance and to laugh and fashion inspires me. I hope to share some of that inspiration with you - here, on our blog.

Labels:




Older Posts & Newer Posts