Welcome to our blog! Please use the menu below.
blushingcats@hotmail.com

Follow Blushing Cats!


Home About Us Fashion Runway Makeup&Beauty Reviews Tutorials News People Hot&Not Personal&Others Ângela's posts Marta's posts



Keep dreaming with Haute Couture
July 17, 2011



This post is kind of late since the Haute Couture week, in Paris, is already over, but I had plenty to do during the week so I only had time to post now! I'll show my favorite moments from all the glamour, luxury and parisienne style of the HC collections. Even though these dresses cost thousands (couture dresses are unique and hand-made) dreaming is still free.


I love Elie Saab because a) Our anniversary is on the same day b) He creates the most beautiful gowns - every collection of him is a tribute to women. I love the delicate pastel colors and the blue background, that complements the dresses magnificently.


I have to confess I never heard of Azzedine Alaïa before... but the great cast of models and the edgy couture outfits caught me! I love how they incorporated the green and the fur.


A lot of oriental vibes in this collection; everything is very structured and tailored, very Armani. I love those things on the top of the head (better than last year's blonde wigs). Oh, lovely Monika Jagaciak opened the show and tripped, but she recovered with a smile, so it was ok.


Dark atmosphere @ Chanel! I didn't like the color palette, the lace thing on the eyes and some shoes, but those are just my opinions. I prefer last year's collection! Anyways, the set was great as usual, and Karl's designs are... well, no words.


Oh God, there are SO MANY people hating on this show. On tumblr, youtube, blogs, even fashion websites, everyone seems to think this collection was trashy and want Galliano back. Well, I want Galliano back too, but I don't think it was that bad! The funky colors and loud prints combination might work.


Tanya Dziahileva (I adore her because she was the first model I ever liked) is back and looked flawless in this show. Stunning dresses paired with stunning pieces of jewelry: definitely a yes!


Givenchy didn't have a show but anyways it might be my favorite couture collection of all. Look at those dresses! So pale, pure, refined, a lot of see through and detailing. Let's see who wears them on the red carpet, I just hope celebrities make them justice.


I never really love JPG's designs, which is sad. The crazy hair and bold makeup continues, and the gowns are very haute, the problem is.. I don't think the collection makes much sense, if you know what I mean. I'm terrible, I know.


Valentino is another favorite! Gorgeous dresses (like that one ^, very simple, long and nude) and the hair was so pretty! Every girl would feel special with one of those dresses.

~~

These are just the most popular shows, I recommend you to watch these and the rest on youtube (videos are a lot better than photos, with the music and the actual movement) or on FashionTV (they broadcast it during mornings, I watch it while I eat breakfast!).

Labels: ,




Older Posts & Newer Posts